Enforcement and redress

  • Summary of the organisations that help employees to enforce their employment rights.
  • The Inspection and Enforcement Services of the Workplace Relations Commission aim to ensure compliance with employment rights legislation.

  • If you have a complaint about your employment rights, and you cannot resolve it with your employer, you can complain to the Workplace Relations Commission. Your complaint will be referred to either a mediation officer or an adjudicator.

  • The Labour Court is the single appeal body for all workplace relations appeals. Find out how to make an appeal to the Labour Court.

  • The Workplace Relations Commission deals with all complaints of discrimination in employment and access to goods and services which come under equality legislation.

  • Some employment legislation protects you from being victimised at work.

  • Workplace mediation provides a simpler and faster way to resolve disputes, conflicts and disagreements in the workplace.

  • The Workplace Relations Commission gives information about your employment rights and offers meditation, advisory and conciliation services.

  • People who raise concerns about possible wrongdoing in the workplace are protected by the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 and the Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act 2022.